“Vinnie truly lives up to his reputation!
My fiance and I had always wanted a live band at our wedding, but in talking to a friend who had him as their d.j. last year at a private setting in the Wine Country, we realized he was our guy! From the very beginning he showed incredible professionalism, contacting us and arranging to get together. He took a great deal of time to get to know who we were, to learn more about our upcoming Napa wedding, and to feel out our vision. After that meeting a huge weight was lifted off our shoulders. He kept in contact with both us as well as the site coordinator at our wedding venue. Then came the wedding night…the music was SO well done! He got people who I didn’t think were physically capable of dancing to be inspired and take to the dance floor. As the bride I think I only left the dance floor once to make a beeline for the bathroom! If I had it to do over again, we would rewind our wedding night and dance all over again…thank you Vinnie for exceeding our expectations!”
-Megan L., Napa, CA
“We hired Vinnie as our wedding DJ and enjoyed his professionalism from start to finish. From initial interviews to discuss the details we hadn’t even considered, to his commitment and attention to detail (making multiple trips to the venue ahead of time to test equipment, etc.) he inspired confidence and the happy realization that we didn’t need to worry. In fact, we left the music selection almost entirely up to him and loved his varied choices for cocktail hour, dinner, and dance music. At the event itself, a crowd of over 100 almost never left the dance floor. The music appealed to 3 generations of guests even though the younger generation likely had never heard it before. At our request, he also artfully managed the microphone, communicating the information we had asked him to and saving us from impromptu speeches. In short, he is a wildly talented artist who is flexible and tirelessly respectful.
His professionalism made us glad to have hired him and his artistry made the event magical and memorable. We wholeheartedly recommend him for any event where you want great music and the ease of dealing with someone who really knows his stuff.”
- Adrian B., Orinda, CA
“I could not be happier that we picked Vinnie to DJ our wedding on 10/27/12. He drove all the way up to Sacramento to meet with us and everything he picked for the evening was perfect. Absolutely perfect. He actually got my parents to dance who I’ve never seen dance in 40 years. He is an amazing DJ and one of the nicest people you’ll meet.”
- Michelle C., Sacramento, CA
“5 Reasons Why I love DJ Vinnie:
1. Because he is not the kind of DJ that is product of a wedding factory that only knows how to play the tired wedding mash up (We are Family, YMCA, Dancing Queen, etc) - although he can play that if that’s what you want. You can tell that music is his passion and it shows in the careful interest that he shows in trying to figure out your specific taste, likes and dislikes.
2. Because he knows how to read and please a diverse crowd. Like most wedding party groups, ours was really mixed - French, Colombian, Argentine, Koreans, and of course the good ol Americans - so we were really worried about having music that kept everyone in the mood to dance. DJ Vinnie played a mix of soul, salsa, hip hop, Latin pop, classic rock in such a way that kept all groups up and happy. He’s able to really feel out the room and the people which I think is one of the most important things to look for in a DJ.
3. He is so freakin professional. His professionalism, careful attention to detail, sincere interest in the success of our wedding was what made DJ Vinnie one of my favorite providers. He always answered my emails and calls super fast and I loved that he was so proactive in calling our venue and wedding coordinator to make sure all the details were in place and taken care of.
4. He is experienced and will help you make sure you have a very smooth, stress-free reception. Because he’s got a lot of wedding and event experience, he helped us out a lot with logistics and small details that you would never even think of but make a huge impact on the smoothness of your wedding. A few days before the wedding, he helped us smooth over a problem in relation to our venue and equipment rental helped us save over $1,000 in rentals because of his maneuver! Also, he was so good about dealing with and calming down the nerves of an apprehensive monstrous bridezilla (me).
5. He is so cool and so flexible. I loved that DJ Vinnie was down to stay longer than most DJs would. He’s really flexible on many levels which makes things so much easier for anyone planning a stressful event. When you talk to other DJs, it’s very cut and dry, like here’s the package and you get exactly this many hours, this many microphones, blah blah. It’s so nice to work with someone who actually cares about your individual needs and wants and won’t charge you extra for every single thing that’s not in their package. We really didn’t have a big wedding budget but music for me was probably the most important factor of the wedding and so I really appreciated that DJ Vinnie was flexible enough to work around my budget. Which brings me to another point that is crucial for most couples shopping around - his prices are really reasonable and super competitive for such an experienced, talented Bay Area DJ.”
- Katherine K., Livermore, CA
“Vinnie DJ’d our wedding in San Francisco in January 2012 and did a tremendous job! He is thorough, professional and has a great collection of records. He arranged for a meeting with us shortly after we contacted him to go over everything from our taste in music to our reception venue and asked a bunch of really good questions - some of which we had not thought of. He visited our reception venue in advance of our wedding day (not once, but twice after there was a change in managers!) to confirm his set-up and he worked smoothly with our ‘day-of’ person during the reception. He brilliantly mixed the artists and songs we asked him to play with other really cool artists and songs and had our parents and friends grooving and my 9 year old nephew break-dancing - we’ve got the pictures to prove it! You are in very good hands with Vinnie.”
- Mike A., San Francisco, CA
“I don’t know if I can add much more to everything that has already been said. Vinnie is the best, period. We just had our wedding in October and nearly every guest took the time to come up to us and comment on how amazing our DJ was. During dinner, all the guests would get quiet and wait each time a song was ending, because they were so curious to hear what he’d play next. His instincts are dead-on. Each time I thought we had reached the pinnacle of great music on the dance floor (you know, when a song is so good that everyone is going ape-shit on the dance floor, and you just know that any song after that will be a letdown), the next song was better. He reads the crowd and knows where it wants to go. We ended up extending 2 hours past our booked time at the venue because people couldn’t get enough. Men who don’t normally dance had literally soaked through their dress shirts.
A few practical matters. He answers emails, texts, and calls promptly. He is very reasonably priced. He wears a nice suit for your wedding. He comes early and stays late. He is not cheesy and will not play cheesy music (YMCA, etc) unless you insist. He spins vinyl. You can give him an ipod with songs you want to hear, and he alternates them on 2 channels, i.e., his stuff, your stuff. He will not just play your stuff in order, but will make the transitions awesome. Of course, you can have him do all his stuff too. We like him so much that we are now thinking of having a big party just so we can hire him again. Don’t waste your time calling other folks. You have enough other details to deal with. Just hire him now.”
- Laurie C., San Francisco, CA
“My wife and I hired Vinnie to DJ at our wedding reception. We loved him so much that I feel compelled to write my first ever Yelp review. My wife read a newspaper article about him and was impressed that he spins vinyl instead of using mp3s. Having been to several weddings with terrible DJs, the music was one of the most important aspects for both of us. We set up a meeting with him at a local bar. Immediately after the meeting, we knew that we would hire him for our wedding. Vinnie is professional, down-to-earth, and just a genuinely nice person. Vinnie is very open and honest in setting up a contract and was also very responsive throughout the whole process. He was easily able to grasp the vibe we wanted for our reception.
Vinnie was able to handle all of the last minute program and announcement changes at our wedding without any problems. He interacted well with our family and friends. Most importantly, the dance floor was packed all night with everyone from young kids to older adults. We gave Vinnie minimal guidance as to what to play/not play. I honestly don’t think we needed to do that. Vinnie is great at reading the crowd and finding the best songs to match the vibe. Our family and friends are still raving about the great time they had.
My wife and I are hoping to come up with another party so that we have another chance to hire Vinnie in the future. If you’re looking for a non-cheesy DJ and actually care about the music that will be played at your event, look no further.”
- Marcus D, San Francisco, CA
“Just wanted to say thanks for DJing the wedding last month. I had lots of great feedback from guests, but I also just really dug the music myself. It was exactly what I was hoping for!”
- David Hargis and Joanna Rosenberg, San Francisco, CA
“You were the best dj we could ever have hoped for!”
- Sarah and Philip Bryan, San Francisco, CA
“Vinnie is the perfect amalgam of expertise, style and musical intuition. He has an innate sense of how to play to the communal mood in a room and injects each set with a down right funky and unique touch. I have known Vinnie professionally and socially for years and could wax poetic about his character all day. Do yourself a favor and hire him. He just made my wedding magic.”
- Adrienne Moore Bowling (Adrienne and Johnny Bowling), San Francisco, CA
“I can honestly say that Vinnie Esparza is the best DJ I’ve heard at any wedding and I was fortunate to have him at my own wedding. If people weren’t dancing they were enjoying the eclectic mix of dance, funk, jazz, latin, and soul music that was weaved together in an organic, groovy way. A doctor friend of mine was in from Australia and he never left the decks where Vinnie was spinning because he wanted to see what next tasteful record the DJ was going to pull out. Young kids, parents, and all of me and my wife’s friends danced and/or chilled the whole night to Vinnie’s set list and he was cool and professional on the microphone when we needed him as well. A+ recommendation!”
- Jason and Caren Olaine, San Francisco, CA
“My husband danced the whole night and he NEVER dances. Who was that DJ?”
- Lori C. a guest at the Olaine wedding.
“I have experienced Vinnie’s work both as a consumer and as a producer. In both cases he was creative, fun and a pleasure to work with. I only saw happy people when Vinnie was spinning.”
-Tim Jackson, Monterey Jazz Festival
“Vinnie was the perfect DJ for our wedding; he has an extensive selection of music, he listened to what we wanted and didn’t make anyone do the chicken dance.”
-Katie Gray Asplund, San Francisco, CA
“Amazing. We love Vinnie…great music and a pleasure to work with.”
-Kristie and Giancarlo Pelligrino, San Francisco, CA